Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari is slow to load

Since moving to IPadOS 15, Safari is extremely slow in loading. The delay in websites loading is painful. The whole screen freezes. I have done numerous reboots. I am up to date on the current releases. I experience no problems with Chrome.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 6:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 7:28 AM

Hello Iwjohnson.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that webpages are taking a long time load in Safari. We will be glad to assist.

Let's start by clearing your browsing history, then close and re-open Safari and test:

Clear your browsing history in Safari on Mac

See also: If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected

If the issue continues, start up in safe mode and test: Start up your Mac in safe mode

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2021 7:28 AM in response to lwjohnson

Hello Iwjohnson.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that webpages are taking a long time load in Safari. We will be glad to assist.

Let's start by clearing your browsing history, then close and re-open Safari and test:

Clear your browsing history in Safari on Mac

See also: If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected

If the issue continues, start up in safe mode and test: Start up your Mac in safe mode

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Safari is slow to load

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.