Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update made my iPad screen smaller how do I fit the Home Screen?

New update made my screen smaller, how do I get the old screen back?

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 8:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 7:29 PM

For the two who "have no clue", thanks to both Captains Obvious. We all know the PHYSICAL screen can't shrink. It's the displays on the screen that are smaller and all out of whack.

I came here for answers only to see a petty argument. Like you can't figure out it's the display that's a,Lee and actually think people believe the physical screen just magically shrunk. Are y'all on here to troll? You have some big numbers for being so clueless.

Is there anyone who actually can answer this question? At this point, I guess I'll be calling tech support tomorrow to find out. I have a feeling it'll be "sorry, nothing we can do" and I'll just have to adjust myself to it. It's not a life altering issue but it's a pretty annoying inconvenience that I'm not enjoying.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2021 7:29 PM in response to MichelPM

For the two who "have no clue", thanks to both Captains Obvious. We all know the PHYSICAL screen can't shrink. It's the displays on the screen that are smaller and all out of whack.

I came here for answers only to see a petty argument. Like you can't figure out it's the display that's a,Lee and actually think people believe the physical screen just magically shrunk. Are y'all on here to troll? You have some big numbers for being so clueless.

Is there anyone who actually can answer this question? At this point, I guess I'll be calling tech support tomorrow to find out. I have a feeling it'll be "sorry, nothing we can do" and I'll just have to adjust myself to it. It's not a life altering issue but it's a pretty annoying inconvenience that I'm not enjoying.

Dec 3, 2021 8:05 PM in response to Goodwitch4u

Since this post was originally posted on Oct 18 and it is, now, Dec 3, this smaller screen issue was NOT well known then.

Since, then, there have been many more postings about the actual screen UI being smaller and more compacted in iPadOS 15.

Unfortunately, to date, there has been NO/ZERO change to this from Apple and, currently, there is nothing to br done about this issue.

Currently, it is what it is. There is nothing, currently, that can be done.

I suggest sending unacknowledged feedback to Apple at their feedback website location below.

Feedback - iPad - Apple

Oct 21, 2021 3:09 PM in response to Jmonserrate

The physical size of your screen cannot change; a 10” screen before an update is still a 10” screen after an update. However, items displayed on the screen (such as icons and text) might change their relative size or appearance.

Please try to tell us precisely what, on the screen, is causing you difficulties. With the benefit of more and information, we may be able to help…

Oct 21, 2021 4:21 PM in response to Jmonserrate

I was merely attempting to extract, from you, usable information with which understand the nature of your difficulty.

Your own issue may not necessarily relate to the problem experienced by the original poster. Rather than hijack this thread, I recommend that you start you own post - and describe your problem. Better still, to save you articulating the issue, attach a screenshot to your so that contributors can see the problem - and offer appropriate advice.

I look forward to seeing appearance of your own post - and will again attempt to provide help.

Update made my iPad screen smaller how do I fit the Home Screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.