Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I switch Apps I lose my sound.

Every time for some apps (including Google Map navigation sound) after I switch to another app and switch back, it will be silence. My volume is up. Why this is happening?? Suggestions?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 11:35 AM

4 replies

Oct 19, 2021 10:02 AM in response to Nooperation

Hey there Nooperation,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're experiencing an issue with unexpected no sound when you switch apps on your device.

First off, let's be sure your iPhone is up-to-date. Here is how to check: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Next, we want to be sure your Ring/Silent switch is set to "off": How to put your iPhone on vibrate, ring, or silent mode

Last, we'll have you ensure all apps are up-to-date as well: How to manually update apps on your Apple device

These suggestions should help. Let us know if you have any questions.

Kind regards.

When I switch Apps I lose my sound.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.