Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch can’t made payment

Hi ,

I already add credit card in wallet and apple same to Iwatch , but when I trying to use watch to pay the machine no response. Can tech me how to settle this . Thanks.

iwatch 6

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 4:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 6:38 PM

That display looks like you are in the Wallet app, viewing installed cards. That is OK for setup, but it is wrong for trying to use the card. Instead of saying the time across the top is should say Hold Near Reader if it is in payment mode.

To make a payment, starting with the watch in its regular (time) watch face, DOUBLE CLICK the Side Button (that's the long narrow one next to the Digital Crown). The card should pop up, and if you have more than one card installed you can scroll (swipe or turn the crown) to select the card you wish to use. Then turn your arm to present the watch to the reader.

You will probably get a Beep when the reader accepts the card - wait for the reader to show it read the card, then it will confirm payment was accepted.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2021 6:38 PM in response to SarahTeng

That display looks like you are in the Wallet app, viewing installed cards. That is OK for setup, but it is wrong for trying to use the card. Instead of saying the time across the top is should say Hold Near Reader if it is in payment mode.

To make a payment, starting with the watch in its regular (time) watch face, DOUBLE CLICK the Side Button (that's the long narrow one next to the Digital Crown). The card should pop up, and if you have more than one card installed you can scroll (swipe or turn the crown) to select the card you wish to use. Then turn your arm to present the watch to the reader.

You will probably get a Beep when the reader accepts the card - wait for the reader to show it read the card, then it will confirm payment was accepted.

Apple Watch can’t made payment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.