Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I transfer files from my Mac to the Cloud?

How do I transfer files from my Mac to ICloud?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 5:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 6:21 PM

See the information in Set up iCloud Drive - Apple Support

and, optionally, Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support

Be aware that iCloud keeps a local copy of the document on your Mac. You can access them from the Finder Sidebar or the Finder "Go" menu. Any file you delete on the Mac will also be deleted from iCloud and any other device they are synced with.

You can reduce the storage space needed on the Mac by turning on Apple menu > System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud (in the Preferences sidebar) > Optimize Mac Storage.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2021 6:21 PM in response to Mikeniggli

See the information in Set up iCloud Drive - Apple Support

and, optionally, Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support

Be aware that iCloud keeps a local copy of the document on your Mac. You can access them from the Finder Sidebar or the Finder "Go" menu. Any file you delete on the Mac will also be deleted from iCloud and any other device they are synced with.

You can reduce the storage space needed on the Mac by turning on Apple menu > System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud (in the Preferences sidebar) > Optimize Mac Storage.

how can I transfer files from my Mac to the Cloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.