Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer

Hello! I just installed the new update big Sur and all the time I have a push up which says: -"udandan.app" cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified. macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware. This file was downloaded on an unknown date.- Then it gives me the option of "move to trash" or "cancel", but if I choose "move to trash" another push up appears and says -"udandan.app" could not be moved to Trash, Please move this item to the trash manually-.

I searched in all my apps and files and I don't have anything with the name "undandan"... somebody has the same issue or you know how could I fix it?

Thank you so much for your support.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 6:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 8:48 PM

Hey there!

Does this app come with and uninstaller? If not, and you can’t find one,

I would check these places for this app name:

Apple logo > About This Mac > System Report > Extensions.

Next, click on “Obtained from” once, then scroll to the bottom.

There to the right, you’ll see the third party developers Extensions, amd May be either Identified, or Unsigned/Unknown, if you see any of those, you’ll see its name to the left, if you click on it, it will show its location below.

You can navigate to this location in Finder and remove it.

Likewise, if you go to System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Privacy, if you click on the options on the left column, and see the apps name, right click > Show in Finder, then delete, then remove from System Preferences.

Also while there, look in the General tab, is anything requesting permission there?

Likewise, I’d check System Preferences > Users and Groups > Login Items.

If you see the item there, remove it by highlighting and pressing the “-“ below.

Another location to check, and this depends on the apps function, also in Security and Privacy is Firewall > Options, (If on), see if you can find the apps name there, is so, either block, or remove.

Also, using the Finder, you can typically search either the name of the app, although many times it will show the name of the developer, so search both.

And if the files are hidden, you can I hide the files in Finder by pressing Shift Command Period. Press the same keys to un-do this feature. (PS, these files are hidden by default, so don’t delete any file if you’re not sure what it’s used for, or what app/process).

Hope something here helps!

This, (These), articles may be relevant:

Open a Mac app from an unidentified developer:

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/open-a-mac-app-from-an-unidentified-developer-mh40616/mac

Safely open apps on your Mac:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491

Using Gatekeeper in macOS deployments:

https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment-reference-macos/using-gatekeeper-apd02b925e38/web

I’d normally say choose the option to allow identified developers, but that would be if you know and trust the app. Besides, with that message, it hasn’t been vetted by Apple, so would use caution if allowing.

Hope that helps!

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2021 8:48 PM in response to arjun1617

Hey there!

Does this app come with and uninstaller? If not, and you can’t find one,

I would check these places for this app name:

Apple logo > About This Mac > System Report > Extensions.

Next, click on “Obtained from” once, then scroll to the bottom.

There to the right, you’ll see the third party developers Extensions, amd May be either Identified, or Unsigned/Unknown, if you see any of those, you’ll see its name to the left, if you click on it, it will show its location below.

You can navigate to this location in Finder and remove it.

Likewise, if you go to System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Privacy, if you click on the options on the left column, and see the apps name, right click > Show in Finder, then delete, then remove from System Preferences.

Also while there, look in the General tab, is anything requesting permission there?

Likewise, I’d check System Preferences > Users and Groups > Login Items.

If you see the item there, remove it by highlighting and pressing the “-“ below.

Another location to check, and this depends on the apps function, also in Security and Privacy is Firewall > Options, (If on), see if you can find the apps name there, is so, either block, or remove.

Also, using the Finder, you can typically search either the name of the app, although many times it will show the name of the developer, so search both.

And if the files are hidden, you can I hide the files in Finder by pressing Shift Command Period. Press the same keys to un-do this feature. (PS, these files are hidden by default, so don’t delete any file if you’re not sure what it’s used for, or what app/process).

Hope something here helps!

This, (These), articles may be relevant:

Open a Mac app from an unidentified developer:

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/open-a-mac-app-from-an-unidentified-developer-mh40616/mac

Safely open apps on your Mac:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491

Using Gatekeeper in macOS deployments:

https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment-reference-macos/using-gatekeeper-apd02b925e38/web

I’d normally say choose the option to allow identified developers, but that would be if you know and trust the app. Besides, with that message, it hasn’t been vetted by Apple, so would use caution if allowing.

Hope that helps!

Oct 22, 2021 7:45 PM in response to arjun1617

Go to the “Security” page in your EtreCheck report and remove the following files:

Adware:

Launchd: /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.fluviatic.plist

Executable: /etc/fluviatic.sh

Reason: Adware pattern match

Launchd: /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.nomaro.plist

Executable: /Library/nomaro

Launchd: /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.brothelry.net-preferences.plist

Executable: /etc/change_net_settings.sh

Launchd: /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.cytoid.plist

Executable: /etc/cytoid.sh

Launchd: /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.ightem.plist

Executable: /Library/ightem

Launchd: /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.handily.service.plist

Executable: /etc/run_app.sh

Launchd: /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.embraceor.service.plist

Executable: /etc/run_app.sh

Unsigned Files:

Launchd: ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.JMGti.plist

Executable: ~/Library/qeSGc/0iGb1

Details: Domain name invalid - possibly adware

Launchd: /Library/LaunchAgents/com.Ben.plist

Executable: /Library/laciniated/FpvUIfsO/BezAOVjO/Ben

Launchd: ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.ReplayInfo.plist

Executable: ~/Library/Application Support/com.ReplayInfo/ReplayInfo

Launchd: ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.outsting-nanomelus.plist

Executable: ~/Library/caphar/CvjZdHjk/PFaVhNLb/jYKnVsvw/outsting-nanomelus

Running app: /Library/unbenignant/unbenignant

Running app: /Library/udandan/udandan.app/Contents/MacOS/udandan

Running app: /Library/bagel-snatchable/sgHbeBUR/QBbJfEMQ/tyRvfkGJ/apsis

Running app: /Library/wlaghmyrnqvj/wlaghmyrnqvj

Running app: /Library/mPGDlnMj/mPGDlnMj

Login Item: ~/bin/helper_update

You may get some error messages. If you get an error dialog with two buttons to delete the file and or executable, click them and keep going. Then restart. After restarting, generate a new EtreCheck report and look for any new adware or possible adware files. Repeat until they are all gone.

Oct 22, 2021 7:31 PM in response to PRP_53

EtreCheckPro version: 6.5.3 (6F011)

Report generated: 2021-10-22 21:28:08

Download EtreCheckPro from https://etrecheck.com

Runtime: 3:03

Performance: Excellent

Problem: Other problem

Major Issues:

Anything that appears on this list needs immediate attention. 

No Time Machine backup - Time Machine backup not found.

Adware - Adware detected.

Unsigned files - There are unsigned software files installed that could be adware and should be reviewed.

Minor Issues:

These issues do not need immediate attention but they may indicate future problems or opportunities for improvement. 

Clean up - There are orphan files that could be removed.

Unsigned files - There are unsigned software files installed. Apple has said that unsigned software will not run by default in a future version of the operating system.

System modifications - There are a large number of system modifications running in the background.

x86-only Apps - This computer has x86-only apps might not work on future versions of the operating system.

Kernel extensions present - This computer has kernel extensions that may not work in the future.

Hardware Information:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

MacBook Pro Model: MacBookPro12,1

3.1 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7 (i7-5557U) CPU: 2-core

8 GB RAM - Not upgradeable

BANK 0/DIMM0 - 4 GB DDR3 1867 

BANK 1/DIMM0 - 4 GB DDR3 1867 

Battery: Health = Normal - Cycle count = 326

Video Information:

Intel Iris Graphics 6100 - VRAM: 1536 MB

Color LCD (built-in) 2560 x 1600

Drives:

Oct 19, 2021 1:18 AM in response to arjun1617

Suggest downloading the Application  Etrecheck  https://etrecheck.com  directly from a well Respected ASC Contributor. 

The application is free or paid from added features. 

Run the application with Full Disc Access ( Security & Privacy - Full Disc Access ).

It will take a Snap Shot -  both the hardware and software.

The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. 

Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last )

We can have a look at the report for possible issues and may have possible suggestions to resolve the issues.

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS, alter, modify, remove or delete or attempt to do so is an invitation for disaster and may require a Reinstallation of the OS.

This includes AntiVirus, Cleaners, Optimizes, UnInstaller etc.

App cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.