Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Cellular series 7 from US to work in India

I have purchased Apple Watch Series 7 45mm Cellular in US yesterday. Would it work in India when I move there. Your website says it supports Airtel Network in India. Earlier I had Apple Hermes Cellular which is working on Indian Carrier Airtel. Hope this Series 7 shall also work. Pls clarify.

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 7:06 PM

103 replies

Oct 18, 2021 7:21 PM in response to ramit1967

To cover the LTE and UMTS bands used around the world, cellular models of Apple Watch come in regional models for the Americas, China mainland, and Europe/Asia Pacific. Unlike iPhone, there isn't a worldwide Apple Watch model that supports all cellular bands used globally;

FYI: Watch Cellular Model bought ins the U.S. can be use in U.S., Canada, Mexico & Puerto Rico.

Oct 28, 2021 9:52 AM in response to ramit1967

Contrary to what people are saying here on apple forum, US models of Apple cellular watch works in india because Indian service providers Reliance JIO/Airtel uses same wireless bands as USA. But it works only on Apple Watch 5+ and doesn't work with Apple watch 4 or less.

You can find many related articles on Quora, where people are saying that they are using Apple watch 5 & 6 in India which were bought from USA.

https://www.quora.com/Will-an-Apple-Watch-Series-5-GPS-cellular-bought-from-the-USA-be-compatible-with-Indian-cellular-carriers

https://www.quora.com/Will-an-Apple-Watch-6-GPS-Cellular-that-is-purchased-from-the-USA-or-Dubai-work-in-India-in-October-2020

Jan 10, 2022 1:41 PM in response to tagnitin

tagnitin wrote:

Does Apple Watch series 7 with model A2477 bought from USA work with Vi network? Has anyone had success in using the Cellular on Vi network with the above model?

There are 2 Apple Watch cellular radios

• Canada, U.S. Mexico, Puerto Rico

• The rest of the world

Carriers will not attempt to connect to an Apple Watch that does not use the correct radio.

If you do not get your Apple Watch in your own country, you may have to return the Apple Watch to the country where purchased to get warranty service.

If you do not get your Apple Watch in your own country, there may be country specific restrictions in the installed Apple Watch software that prevent features from working when you get home.

https://www.apple.com/watchos/feature-availability

Feb 25, 2022 6:14 AM in response to Community User

I am sure about Airtel. It will work. I have been using cellular feature on my watch purchased from US

When I got my watch from US it was not working but after a long technical discussions with their team they modified their provisioning system to support all models.

Now you may see it listed in their website

https://www.airtel.in/esim

• Which models of Apple Watch Cellular does Airtel India support?

Airtel India supports following models of Apple Watch purchased from anywhere.

• Apple Watch Series 3 (Cellular)
    • Model A1889 (38 mm)
    • Model A1891 (42 mm)
  • Apple Watch Series 4 (Cellular)
    • Model A2007 (40 mm)
    • Model A2008 (44 mm)
  • Apple Watch Series 5 & Above all models (Cellular)

Feb 2, 2022 1:03 AM in response to NikhilGupta0609

I was skeptical too ( I just got my series 7 from the US) . But here’s what I know:

-> Apple Watch has two models in cellular one in US and Canada and the other for the rest of the world.

-> The two models use different band chips for the cellular version and so the general rule is that it’s enough if the sim carrier company supports only that specific band pertaining to their country .

-> This is what happened to Airtel as well, their sim supported only the Indian version (Indian and the rest of the world). But after series 5, their sim supported all the models of the watch (both US one and the rest of the world).

-> Since your watch is SE which is newer than series 5, Airtel sim supports it.

And many people aren’t aware that Airtel has support for series 5+. I’m not sure about other carriers and I’m guessing most just check if they are able to support the band in their country so in general the other model doesn’t work. But Airtel isn’t one of those companies.

-> In fact I proceeded to but the series 7 with cellular only after I found the solid proof it’s compatible after looking at the Airtel site.

So, if I were you, I would get SE with cellular

Apple Watch Cellular series 7 from US to work in India

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.