Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

so i got a ipad from a person n how do i reset it to the box form?

how do I reset my Ipad mini 1 back to the box form if I bought it from someone?

iPad

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 8:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 8:16 PM

Here is the factory reset procedure:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

This,will not clear Activation Lock.

If the iPad Mini is Activation Locked, the person holding the Apple ID associated with the Activation Lock will have to clear the lock.

As Activation Lock is intended as a theft deterrent, we cannot help you with it, and Apple will not help without proof of original purchase or related legal paperwork; proof such as an original purchase receipt showing the serial number.

Without the Apple ID and password, or proof of ownership, this iPad mini is useless to you, and you will want to return it to the seller, or (as often happens when the seller disappears) recycle it.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a used iPad/iPhone - Apple Community

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2021 8:16 PM in response to lailani114

Here is the factory reset procedure:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

This,will not clear Activation Lock.

If the iPad Mini is Activation Locked, the person holding the Apple ID associated with the Activation Lock will have to clear the lock.

As Activation Lock is intended as a theft deterrent, we cannot help you with it, and Apple will not help without proof of original purchase or related legal paperwork; proof such as an original purchase receipt showing the serial number.

Without the Apple ID and password, or proof of ownership, this iPad mini is useless to you, and you will want to return it to the seller, or (as often happens when the seller disappears) recycle it.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a used iPad/iPhone - Apple Community

so i got a ipad from a person n how do i reset it to the box form?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.