Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notice of data leak

Got a message of my passwords appearing in a data leak. Is this an Apple notification or a fake. The list of my passwords involve almost all my sites. Seems suspicious to me.

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 9:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 10:01 PM

Gjmh Said:

"Notice of data leak: Got a message of my passwords appearing in a data leak. Is this an Apple notification or a fake. The list of my passwords involve almost all my sites. Seems suspicious to me."

-------

Report This:

Yes. it is a scam. Apple would not send you such a message. So, report it to Apple, and then delete it. Perform as instructed here: Using the Photos App to Report Scams: - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2021 10:01 PM in response to Gjmh

Gjmh Said:

"Notice of data leak: Got a message of my passwords appearing in a data leak. Is this an Apple notification or a fake. The list of my passwords involve almost all my sites. Seems suspicious to me."

-------

Report This:

Yes. it is a scam. Apple would not send you such a message. So, report it to Apple, and then delete it. Perform as instructed here: Using the Photos App to Report Scams: - Apple Support

Notice of data leak

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.