Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question about battery change.

Hello,

I just would like to know for sure this is true. I have found Apple partners service center listed on Apple website, visit it to change the battery on my Iphone 7+ but guys told me I must leave my phone in their service for three weeks, a-la it is a rule of Apple service. Is this true? How can people be three weeks without device just because of battery replace? With this rule, Apple force their consumers to use chinese "copies" of battery instead of official one... I hope somebody from Apple support will see this message and if Service give me wrong info - I hope Apple will get back to me so I will send them information about the service.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 18, 2021 11:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 2:08 AM

Nobody from Apple Support will see this.

Normally it is while-U-Wait in store or mail-in with 7 day turnaround.

You don't say where you live which may be a problem.

You also have a relatively old and rare phone.

Fake battery may cause problems with battery health and nobody is forcing you to do anything.

You can reach out to Apple Support directly. Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here: contact Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2021 2:08 AM in response to OleksMaks

Nobody from Apple Support will see this.

Normally it is while-U-Wait in store or mail-in with 7 day turnaround.

You don't say where you live which may be a problem.

You also have a relatively old and rare phone.

Fake battery may cause problems with battery health and nobody is forcing you to do anything.

You can reach out to Apple Support directly. Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here: contact Apple Support

Question about battery change.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.