Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apps_other

hello! how can i delete the apps_other file? i've tried searching it in finder but there's nothing. i also tried downloading the game again and uninstalling it but the file is still here. tried deleting it with the delete button below and right clicking it for delete but it still doesn't work. it's eating up my storage. hope someone can help:(

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 3:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 3:08 AM

How to delete a game from Steam

1. Open Steam on your Mac and sign in to your Steam account.
  2. Next, click the Library option.
  3. Click All to view all your games and select the game you'd like to uninstall.
  4. Click the Settings icon on the right side of the screen.
  5. Next, click Manage and select Uninstall.
8 replies

Oct 19, 2021 5:11 PM in response to ysabella257

update on this i actually resolved it already:D if anyone is encountering this as well, try downloading the game again and uninstalling it, then shut down your computer and open it again to check if its still in your storage.

you could also try opening finder and press command + shift + g and put ~/Library/ on the search bar. go to application support and press on the steam folder and find the game and delete it from there.

Oct 19, 2021 6:48 PM in response to ysabella257

you could also try opening finder and press command + shift + g and put ~/Library/ on the search bar. go to application support and press on the steam folder and find the game and delete it from there.

That was your game support files and save data. It is not normally deleted when you uninstall a game (or any app).

That storage display is not just showing the storage used by the application. It shows the total storage the app uses including data files.

apps_other

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.