Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch SE Cellular Model

I am planning to purchase a Apple SE Cellular watch model in India, will the cellular option work if the watch is being used in Europe- Venice?

Is that cellular feature compatible for a model made in India to be used in Europe?

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 3:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 3:37 AM

if you look at https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular you will see the same model number is correct for India and for Europe, so the watch will be compatible. However, there are a few potential problems for the cellular function.

The Apple Watch eSIM does not support roaming, so if you are away from your home network (roaming service with iPhone) the watch will only connect through the iPhone and will behave like the Apple Watch GPS model.

If you are planning to buy in India and connect the watch (and iPhone) to an Italian (Venice) cellular account you should check with the Italian network that they will accept and activate a watch purchased from India. The watch is exactly the same model, but some networks have been found to refuse devices purchased in other countries.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2021 3:37 AM in response to AppleSEcellular

if you look at https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular you will see the same model number is correct for India and for Europe, so the watch will be compatible. However, there are a few potential problems for the cellular function.

The Apple Watch eSIM does not support roaming, so if you are away from your home network (roaming service with iPhone) the watch will only connect through the iPhone and will behave like the Apple Watch GPS model.

If you are planning to buy in India and connect the watch (and iPhone) to an Italian (Venice) cellular account you should check with the Italian network that they will accept and activate a watch purchased from India. The watch is exactly the same model, but some networks have been found to refuse devices purchased in other countries.

Oct 19, 2021 10:34 AM in response to Branta_uk

Thank you for your response.

If I purchase a sim for my iPhone in Italy(Venice) will my Indian model apple watch work to its full purpose for the cellular feature?

I am ready to buy a new sim in Italy(Venice), I want yo use my Indian model apple watch to its fullest purpose on the aspect of cellular. Could you kindly help me out with this?

Apple Watch SE Cellular Model

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.