Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 13 Pro Flashlight turns off on its own

My IPhone 13 Pro Flashlight / torch shuts off by itself after around 13 seconds yet the icon or button still shows it as switched on. Switching on and off doesn't work the only fix is to open the camera app then close it and re-enable the torch which again only lasts 13 or so seconds.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 12:54 AM

Same situation for my IPhone 13 256gb I just bought on 10/30. For mine, it’s whenever I turn on the flashlight from the control menu and then turn the screen off (since I don’t need it on to do whatever task is at hand), the flashlight will automatically turn off after a period of around 10-20 seconds. Like you said, the flashlight icon remains on, but the flashlight actually isn’t on. Entering and exiting the camera app is a temporary solution, but this has to be a bug that requires urgent attention.

20 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2021 12:54 AM in response to AndyC44

Same situation for my IPhone 13 256gb I just bought on 10/30. For mine, it’s whenever I turn on the flashlight from the control menu and then turn the screen off (since I don’t need it on to do whatever task is at hand), the flashlight will automatically turn off after a period of around 10-20 seconds. Like you said, the flashlight icon remains on, but the flashlight actually isn’t on. Entering and exiting the camera app is a temporary solution, but this has to be a bug that requires urgent attention.

Dec 7, 2021 9:07 PM in response to AndyC44

iphone 13 pro max 1tb version 15.1.1

Same just happened to me as well. Was using the cam light as a mini flashlight. Activated from lockscreen. After about 8 minutes of use, the light went off, though the flashlight widget icon was highlighted as if the light was still shining. I tried turning it off/on from the widget and then unlocked the phone and tried again from control center…still nothing. After rebooting the phone, the flashlight worked again.

i’m wondering if by opening and closing the camera app would have reset the flashlight software without having to reboot. Perhaps worth a try if it happens again…anyway, this definitely sounds like a bug.

Jan 16, 2022 4:52 AM in response to Davidlikescoconuts

I'm on 15.2.1 and this bug still persists. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

I know this is an Apple forum and I honestly am not trying to say which is better than which.

but honestly Android really doesnt have weird glitches and as many minor bugs as iOS at all.

iOS15 is a complete nightmare. My 12 Pro Max has so many visual gitches in apps like Message, Facebook Messenger, Instagram that even after a factory reset, they just come right back.

IPhone 13 Pro Flashlight turns off on its own

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.