Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

me and my family share a apple music account but since we do that all of their music fills up my storage too. So I was wondering how I could change it to where only my music is on my iphone storage and not my whole families music

how do i do this?

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 11:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 1:03 PM

Apple IDs are not meant to be shared. You will continue to have these kinds of problems and there is no work-around until you each get your own unique Apple ID. Use Family Sharing instead if there is information you want to share and get an Apple Music Family subscription instead. Then everyone in the family will get their own music library.

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2021 1:03 PM in response to avery_cunningham

Apple IDs are not meant to be shared. You will continue to have these kinds of problems and there is no work-around until you each get your own unique Apple ID. Use Family Sharing instead if there is information you want to share and get an Apple Music Family subscription instead. Then everyone in the family will get their own music library.

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

me and my family share a apple music account but since we do that all of their music fills up my storage too. So I was wondering how I could change it to where only my music is on my iphone storage and not my whole families music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.