Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Offload unused apps - how to disable?

my iPhonesX keeps failing on installing an update and I stupidly decided to select the “remove unused apps”. Immediately I went to settings to reverse this action but there is no ability that I can see to leave my apps alone. Search on here shows the same question with “resolution” being how to enable removing apps. It does not have a disable button in this feature to undo silly decisions. Look forward to your response.

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 3:57 PM

No there would not be an 'undo' for that type of thing..

I'm guessing you turned it on based on a recommendation listed in Settings > General > iPhone Storage?

When you see those recommendations, it has a little app icon next to it. which should indicate where the recommended setting is located.

The particular one you are referring to, would have the icon of the App Store by it.

So if you go to Settings > App Store, down near the bottom there should be a toggle switch where you can turn off the offload unused apps feature.

You would want the switch to show grey with a 0 (not green with a 1)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2021 3:57 PM in response to vivien52

No there would not be an 'undo' for that type of thing..

I'm guessing you turned it on based on a recommendation listed in Settings > General > iPhone Storage?

When you see those recommendations, it has a little app icon next to it. which should indicate where the recommended setting is located.

The particular one you are referring to, would have the icon of the App Store by it.

So if you go to Settings > App Store, down near the bottom there should be a toggle switch where you can turn off the offload unused apps feature.

You would want the switch to show grey with a 0 (not green with a 1)

Offload unused apps - how to disable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.