Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compatibility iPod classic with Monterrey and/or Mac M1Pro

Dear community,

I can't leave my iPod classic (last generation 2014) that I use everyday and still have another one that has not be opened if my current one dies.

After ten years with an iMac of 2010 (on which I have a music files on iTunes 12.8.3.1 that is slowly dying, I am thinking of bying a Macbook Pro M1 14".

The question is:

Does the application Music (not the streaming application but only the library for music files) on Monterrey and M1Pro is still compatible for syncing the music library with the iPod classic ?

Thank you for your answer

iPod Classic

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 2:23 PM

Yes.

In macOS Catalina and later, you use the Finder, rather than the Music app to sync content to iPods and other devices.

I can sync my 30GB iPod Classic with the Finder with my M1 MacBook Air, so the M1 Pro MacBook Pro should work similarly.

See here: link-> Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2021 2:23 PM in response to Adieu-cheyenne

Yes.

In macOS Catalina and later, you use the Finder, rather than the Music app to sync content to iPods and other devices.

I can sync my 30GB iPod Classic with the Finder with my M1 MacBook Air, so the M1 Pro MacBook Pro should work similarly.

See here: link-> Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

Compatibility iPod classic with Monterrey and/or Mac M1Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.