Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod classic question

I have an ipod classic. It had a software update done at the time i purchased it from an ebay vendor.

will my ipod classic download music from my iMac with monterey os?

simple answers greatly appreciated

if i can not download- i know i can download to my iphone- BUT! I am not sure that if i download to my iphone and start a music library with the iphone….everytime i access the music am i being charged for data usage?

i don’t like the idea of using my iphone for music because of the unknown of data usage.

iPod Classic

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 5:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 6:38 PM

You can use Finder on a Mac running Monterey to sync locally stored music to an iPod classic provided it doesn't come from the Apple Music subscription service.

With an iPhone you can either sync directly from your library, or you can use the Apple Music subscription service to sync both your own content over the air and add tracks from the catalog to your cloud library as you choose. You can download tracks to your iPhone over Wi-Fi for offline use, then listen to these wherever you happen to be without incurring data charges. I do exactly this.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2022 6:38 PM in response to di.nj

You can use Finder on a Mac running Monterey to sync locally stored music to an iPod classic provided it doesn't come from the Apple Music subscription service.

With an iPhone you can either sync directly from your library, or you can use the Apple Music subscription service to sync both your own content over the air and add tracks from the catalog to your cloud library as you choose. You can download tracks to your iPhone over Wi-Fi for offline use, then listen to these wherever you happen to be without incurring data charges. I do exactly this.

tt2

Ipod classic question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.