Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Zotero plugin for pages

I would like to see the Zotero plugin for pages.

Pages is easy to write. Taking literature reading-related notes with Pages would be splendid.

There are notes in the community saying the plugins are made by the software, here is Zotero. Yet, they claim that Pages does not allow, as it is committed to EndNote. https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/63428/plugin-for-pages-mac-os

If this is true, there is no way in the future Pages can compete with Word.

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 3:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 6:10 PM

I did not request Pages to develop anything. I said, "Pages does not allow". I did not add the link for asking the Apple team to look for it. I added, because I am an academician, never talk without a shred of evidence and reference. As related to the topic and the action, I would like to be able to add citations when I am writing with Pages.

There are so many things that we can choose. One of which would be a more welcoming community. Not to make Pages compete with anything, but to make our community members happier. I cannot see a reason why Apple would NOT participate in such an effort. I spelled my request. If they will not see it, then why on the earth does this website exist?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2021 6:10 PM in response to VikingOSX

I did not request Pages to develop anything. I said, "Pages does not allow". I did not add the link for asking the Apple team to look for it. I added, because I am an academician, never talk without a shred of evidence and reference. As related to the topic and the action, I would like to be able to add citations when I am writing with Pages.

There are so many things that we can choose. One of which would be a more welcoming community. Not to make Pages compete with anything, but to make our community members happier. I cannot see a reason why Apple would NOT participate in such an effort. I spelled my request. If they will not see it, then why on the earth does this website exist?

Oct 20, 2021 4:17 AM in response to handan130

Pages has supported EndNote for many years and nothing else. You can ask Zotero why their product is not available for Pages as it would not be a sole Zotero decision, effort or expense.

This website exists so that fellow users can voluntarily assist one another with solvable Apple product questions. It is not a bill board for the product teams to read, nor respond too. Apple provides other means for users to contact the product teams, since I expect Apple product team members are embargoed from participating in public discussions. These discussions are archived by Google because they are public.

Oct 19, 2021 4:13 PM in response to handan130

Apple never developed Pages to compete with any other word processing application, much less MS Word. If you want third-party solutions that already work with Word, then that should be your choice of application, not Pages.

The Pages product team, like other Apple product teams, do not participate in these user-supported public communities, and won't see your Zotero comments. You can use the Pages application feedback menu item which does go directly to the product team, but don't get your hopes up.

Oct 20, 2021 4:27 AM in response to handan130

As related to the topic and the action, I would like to be able to add citations when I am writing with Pages.

Then use Bookends from Sonny Software. Apple does not forbid any app from citation management but it's the responsibility of the app maker not Apple to create the linkages. FWIW I do not believe Pages is robust enough for academic purposes. I would also look at apps like NisusWriter and/or Mellel, if you don't like Word. For annotations you're much better off using an app that indexes your writing, like Obsidian, Notes, Bear or any of 50 other such apps. Make your annotations discoverable. Pages is great for a handy newsletter or a simple letter. But it stops there.

And if you're drafting, Ulysses or Scrivener are actually designed for that kind of work. Context: MA and PHD in the Humanities.

Zotero plugin for pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.