Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Editing footnotes in Pages

How do I edit footnotes I have added to a Pages document? I found an unresolved thread dating back to 2014 on this, and the bizarre "workaround" suggested there of Arrange -Section Masters-Make Master objects selectable, does absolutely nothing. I am at a frustrated loss to understand why such a basic (and in my case) frequently needed piece of common editing is seemingly so far out of reach? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really like Apple and prefer to support the "home features", but Word ain't half looking attractive right now. Oh, and Happy New Year:-)

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 8:59 AM

It would depend on what "editing" of footnotes that you have in mind. You can double-click in any footnote to change the text content. Has absolutely nothing to do with Section Masters. Apple has a Pages support site that offers Pages user guides for the different platforms, and corresponding free ebooks in the Apple Book Store. Here is the section about footnotes from the Pages User Guide.

You are not required by Apple to use its Pages, Numbers, or Keynote applications, if another product permits you to achieve better productivity and less frustration through an improved feature set.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2021 8:59 AM in response to maximar

It would depend on what "editing" of footnotes that you have in mind. You can double-click in any footnote to change the text content. Has absolutely nothing to do with Section Masters. Apple has a Pages support site that offers Pages user guides for the different platforms, and corresponding free ebooks in the Apple Book Store. Here is the section about footnotes from the Pages User Guide.

You are not required by Apple to use its Pages, Numbers, or Keynote applications, if another product permits you to achieve better productivity and less frustration through an improved feature set.

Editing footnotes in Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.