Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

About ipad air 256 gb ( new 2021)

I want to know whether my ipad air 4 wifi model will work on 5g network through wifi in near future

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 8:19 PM

5 replies

Oct 20, 2021 10:56 AM in response to Vskm_1996

WiFi Only models have no Cellular capability at all. However, there are 5G-capable models of iPad.

At present, the only models of iPad that feature 5G Cellular are the 2021 WiFi+Cellular models of iPad Pro and iPad mini.

These are:

• Third generation iPad Pro 11”
  • Fifth generation iPad Pro 12.9”
  • Sixth generation iPad mini

You can directly compare the iPad specifications here:

https://www.apple.com/uk/ipad/compare/?modelList=ipad-pro-12-9-5th-gen,ipad-pro-11-3rd-gen,ipad-mini-6th-gen

Oct 19, 2021 9:19 PM in response to Vskm_1996

The same as my answer above.

You are not going to get any WiFi ONLY iPad with a 5G cellular data service feature.

Not going to happen.

If you own a 5G iPhone and it is setup with a 5G cellular service provider, you can use the iPhone’s WiFi hotspit feature and connect your iPad to the iPhone’s WiFi Hotspot, effectively giving an iPad access to the iPhone’s 5G cellular service.

But you need the 5G iPhone model to be able to do,that.

That is THE ONLY way to 5G WiFi service to an iPad.

Oct 19, 2021 8:29 PM in response to Vskm_1996

5G is a cellular service and a WiFi ONLY iPad will never have cellular capability.

You need a 5G cellular data ONLY iPad, in the future, then will need to purchase the more expensive WiFi + Cellular data model iPad.

As for what new iPads may or may not be coming down the supply chain, in the future?

Speculation of such things is forbidden from discussion in these Apple moderated user communities.

About ipad air 256 gb ( new 2021)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.