Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail app not showing notifications in Notification Center but shows badges

I have iPhone SE 2020 running iOS 15.0.2. I have Gmail, Outlook and iCloud accounts configured on my Apple Mail app. Previously whenever I used to get new email I received notifications in my Notification Center. But now it has stopped. I do get the unread emails badges updated on the Mail app icon.

I checked the notification settings and nothing seems to be wrong there. I have tried the below things.

• Turning off and back on the notifications
  • Uninstalling the app

How can I fix this issue?

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 10:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 10:03 AM

Ok. Finally figured out what was the problem.

I needed to enable the Alerts for each of the accounts. Go to ‘Settings > Mail > Notifications > Customise Notifications > Gmail’ and enabled Alerts.

4 replies

Oct 20, 2021 4:55 PM in response to naveenm31

Hello naveenm31,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with not getting Mail notifications in Notification Center. Do you have a Focus set that may be preventing them from coming through? This article goes over how to check: Turn a Focus on or off on iPhone

When you say you uninstalled the app, are you referring to the Mail app, or the individual accounts within the Mail app?

Cheers!

Mail app not showing notifications in Notification Center but shows badges

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.