Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music downloads gone

When I updated to ios15 my Music Library was deleted. After a hard reset the library re-appeared but all the downloaded songs now need to be downloaded again. So, do I have to pay for all that data again, and take all that time downloading? That doesn’t seem fair. Not everyone has access to unlimited wifi data etc. The reason I downloaded them was so I don’t have to pay for data whenever I’m listening to music.

iPhone 12

Posted on Oct 19, 2021 11:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 12:18 AM

I cannot explain why your Music Library was deleted and your downloaded songs removed from your iPhone. What you have, at present, is a Library that will require you to download all the songs again since that is what works for you. The answer to your question, therefore, is a YES. You will need to download those songs again.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2021 12:18 AM in response to Austraya

I cannot explain why your Music Library was deleted and your downloaded songs removed from your iPhone. What you have, at present, is a Library that will require you to download all the songs again since that is what works for you. The answer to your question, therefore, is a YES. You will need to download those songs again.

Axel F.

Music downloads gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.