Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Focus Location Automation does not work

I have tried to set a focus mode location automation for work, and it will never turn on or off when I arrive or leave. I have location services on and all system services location settings are on. I have tried creating focus modes for other locations and they also will not work. I have tried creating shortcuts based on location and they do work. I did a reset of all settings on my phone and that did not fix any problems. I am using an iPhone 13 Pro and have tried this on 15.0, 15.01, 15.02 and 15.1 RC, none of these fix the problem.

I am also sharing my location from my iPhone 13 Pro and my Apple Watch.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 6:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 2:10 AM

I've actually found the problem to the issue I had. In setting -> privacy -> location services -> share my location, it was set to my iPhone 6 which was causing the problem. No idea how that got set in the first place. My iPad Pro showed the same setting. Once I changed the setting to my own device, location issues were gone. It even started prompting a reminder as it thinks I've left some of my device behind.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2021 2:10 AM in response to Merchon Cottrell

I've actually found the problem to the issue I had. In setting -> privacy -> location services -> share my location, it was set to my iPhone 6 which was causing the problem. No idea how that got set in the first place. My iPad Pro showed the same setting. Once I changed the setting to my own device, location issues were gone. It even started prompting a reminder as it thinks I've left some of my device behind.

Focus Location Automation does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.