Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What are effective and safest ways to clean my Mac M1?

What are effective and safest ways to clean my Mac M1? Is alcohol pads safe cleaning the screen or touchpad?

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 8:46 AM

How to clean your Apple products - Apple Support

2 replies

Oct 20, 2021 7:26 AM in response to shihab_ahmed

Apple recommends you use ONLY a soft cloth, slightly dampened with water ONLY.

Use of alcohol products is likely to damage the coating on the screen. This would NOT be covered by warranty.

Also, if you are using alcohol wipes for sanitation purposes, the prevailing wisdom is that hand-to-object and object-to-hand transfer of COVID is nearly negligible. The Virus spreads by unbelievably tiny particles suspended in the Air, not by touch.

If you are at risk of contracting a contact-spread disease such as hepatitis, the sanitizing wipes sold under various brands including "Clorox wipes" contain mostly water and a trace of Benzalkonium chloride and related chemicals.

But do not wipe the screen with anything other than a soft cloth slightly dampened with water (and do not touch the screen, it is not a touch-screen)

What are effective and safest ways to clean my Mac M1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.