Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't delete comments on videos on youtube on safari

I can’t delete or edit comments on YouTube on safari but I can edit and delete on YouTube app, so this problem is with safari and pls help me what is wrong with my browser. This started happening after IOS 14

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 1:12 PM

This has been going on for some time. While the point that this is YouTube specific is reasonable, thinking anyone can contact YouTube to fix this isn’t likely, leading nowhere. Nobody wants to take ownership of these problems. Ask Apple and they say ask YouTube. Ask YouTube, you hear crickets. This isn’t helping and it would be nice to know ‘why’ this is happening so we can find a workaround. If it’s a security setting I can’t find it. Considering these YouTube features work in other browsers makes one think switching to one is the answer, but all browsers for iOS are based on Safari leading us back where we started. Is it unreasonable to request fixing Safari? No, because this is the problem. It’s not YouTube having done anything different, it’s an OS update which broke Safari with YouTube. You are correct to think so and I’d think Apple would want their browser to work with one of the most used websites and that by now they’d have to know about this issue. We’re waiting…and I hope they are listening.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2021 1:12 PM in response to PARTH_MANDLOI

This has been going on for some time. While the point that this is YouTube specific is reasonable, thinking anyone can contact YouTube to fix this isn’t likely, leading nowhere. Nobody wants to take ownership of these problems. Ask Apple and they say ask YouTube. Ask YouTube, you hear crickets. This isn’t helping and it would be nice to know ‘why’ this is happening so we can find a workaround. If it’s a security setting I can’t find it. Considering these YouTube features work in other browsers makes one think switching to one is the answer, but all browsers for iOS are based on Safari leading us back where we started. Is it unreasonable to request fixing Safari? No, because this is the problem. It’s not YouTube having done anything different, it’s an OS update which broke Safari with YouTube. You are correct to think so and I’d think Apple would want their browser to work with one of the most used websites and that by now they’d have to know about this issue. We’re waiting…and I hope they are listening.

I can't delete comments on videos on youtube on safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.