Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contact Not Showing Up in Search

When I receive a phone call, the name of the contact shows up on my iPhone 12 screen. When I go back in to search contacts, the person does not show up in the search. My iOS is up to date 15.0.2. I'm syncing with iCloud. The person does not show up in an iCloud search either. Why is this happening?

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 9:12 AM

Hey alancraigmackie,

It appears that you're having a problem finding someone who called you. Their name appeared in the Phone app when you received the call, but you're unable to locate them in the Contacts app, and we're glad to provide assistance.

Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support -- If you open the Contacts app, tap "Groups" in the top-right corner, are all of the accounts you're syncing Contacts with listed? If not, select the one(s) that weren't included and try searching again.

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support -- If you haven't already, restart your iPhone, then search for the contact one more time.

Get Support -- If you're still unable to find the contact who called you when searching, please contact Apple Support. Type "contacts" in the Search topics field and select "Syncing contacts and calendars" from the results to reach them.

All the best.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2021 9:12 AM in response to alancraigmackie

Hey alancraigmackie,

It appears that you're having a problem finding someone who called you. Their name appeared in the Phone app when you received the call, but you're unable to locate them in the Contacts app, and we're glad to provide assistance.

Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support -- If you open the Contacts app, tap "Groups" in the top-right corner, are all of the accounts you're syncing Contacts with listed? If not, select the one(s) that weren't included and try searching again.

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support -- If you haven't already, restart your iPhone, then search for the contact one more time.

Get Support -- If you're still unable to find the contact who called you when searching, please contact Apple Support. Type "contacts" in the Search topics field and select "Syncing contacts and calendars" from the results to reach them.

All the best.

Contact Not Showing Up in Search

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.