Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clip duration in FCPX

I am trying to help a friend with his animation project. He is creating his animation frames as jpegs and numbering them so they will appear in the FCPX bin in the correct order. Is there any way to set it up so that I can simply import all of his jpegs, select them all in the bin, and have them be the correct frame length when I drop them on the timeline?

I saw Tom Wolsky's very helpful reply to someone with a somewhat similar question (see below), but his solution requires clicking on each frame and bringing it into the timeline independently. There are about 1,000 frames in my friend's project, and I am hoping to avoid having to deal with each of them individually. Any thoughts?

Here's part of the thread from a few years ago:

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 12:25 PM

No, you don't have to adjust them individually.

1) Click on the first of the 1000 images in the event, then press Command-A to Select All,

2) press E to add to the timeline

3) In the timeline, press Command-A to Select All, then press Control-D, type the duration and press enter.

Done

Similar questions

5 replies

Clip duration in FCPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.