Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't add my podcast to podcast connect - super frustrating!

I'm having an awful time adding my podcast channel to apple's podcast connect. When I try, it tells me this:

Activate your Apple ID

You need to finish activating your Apple ID before you can use it on Apple Podcasts Connect. For more information, check our support article on creating an Apple Podcasts Connect account. Learn More

Eventually, it'll tell me in itunes that I need to agree to the terms or something like that - but there is no way to do it.

Can anyone help?

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 1:49 PM

What you need to do is accept the second set of terms of service - and to do that - you need to download a free app on an iOS or iPad device or on Computer listen to a free song on Apple Music - using your new Apple ID - when you do that action - it will ask you to accept another set of T's and C's - once you accept those - then you should be able to properly log in at

https://podcastsconnect.apple.com

Regards,

Rob W

libsyn

Similar questions

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2021 1:49 PM in response to mouschi3

What you need to do is accept the second set of terms of service - and to do that - you need to download a free app on an iOS or iPad device or on Computer listen to a free song on Apple Music - using your new Apple ID - when you do that action - it will ask you to accept another set of T's and C's - once you accept those - then you should be able to properly log in at

https://podcastsconnect.apple.com

Regards,

Rob W

libsyn

Oct 25, 2021 10:32 AM in response to mouschi3

I hope you figured it out. I was dealing with this exact problem just now but thankfully I got through it

Here's what I did / what happened to me

• Created a new apple ID just for my podcast
  • Got stuck trying to add my podcast because my "apple ID wasnt activated" (translation: need a payment method)
  • Tried logging in thru iTunes store on my Mac, but I couldn't get to the payment page ("your account needs to be reviewed" or some very unhelpful error message)
  • Logged onto my phone using new apple ID, and thankfully was able to add payment info thru the iOS itunes store
  • Downloaded a free app
  • At this stage it'll ask you to confirm your payment method, and ask you to accept T&Cs before you download app

It was only after that last step that I could submit a show to podcasts connect

let's hope there's no more cryptic error messages from here

Hope this helped someone out there. I'm with you in spirit. Apple products are great until they're suddenly not

Oct 20, 2021 2:04 PM in response to mouschi3

Thank you so much for reaching out! Here is what happens when I try to login using my new apple id: It says "This Apple ID has not been used with itunes store". Please review your account information. When I click "review", it takes me to a screen that says "complete your apple id" then says "by clicking continue, you acknowledge you agree..." etc. with a continue button. When I click it, it says "you must agree to the apple media terms & conditions to continue" ... so that's where I'm stuck. Any suggestions?

Nov 4, 2021 3:16 PM in response to janjan32

You need to log in with your Apple ID on an iOS device - and then download a free app - when you do that it will ask you to approve a new set of T's and C's - once you approve those - then you can use your Apple ID to get into Podcastsconnect.

If you do not have an iOS device or an iPad - then use your Apple ID on a PC - and go to Apple Music and play a free song.

Rob W

can't add my podcast to podcast connect - super frustrating!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.