Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why Clamshell mode is not working?

My 13" 2012 MacBook pro does not stay in clamshell mode. It worked initially when I set it up, didn't make any changes and all the sudden it just stopped working. I ensured that my external mac keyboard and mouse are fully charged and laptop is plugged in to power. Display settings are on mirror and monitor on single input mode. Please help, to use my monitor I have to have the laptop partially open.

Posted on Oct 20, 2021 8:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 1:05 AM

Check if you have same issue in safe mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support (Takes Longer to boot)

See if Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support helps.

NoteSafe mode prevents your Mac from loading certain software as it starts up, including login items, system extensions not required by macOS, and fonts not installed by macOS. It also does a basic check of your startup disk, similar to using First Aid in Disk Utility. And it deletes some system caches, including font caches and the kernel cache, which are automatically created again as needed.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2021 1:05 AM in response to Bohica032

Check if you have same issue in safe mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support (Takes Longer to boot)

See if Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support helps.

NoteSafe mode prevents your Mac from loading certain software as it starts up, including login items, system extensions not required by macOS, and fonts not installed by macOS. It also does a basic check of your startup disk, similar to using First Aid in Disk Utility. And it deletes some system caches, including font caches and the kernel cache, which are automatically created again as needed.

Dec 16, 2021 11:10 AM in response to Bohica032

I have a MacBook Air M1 and using a Satechi TYPE-C MULTI-PORT ADAPTER 4K WITH ETHERNET V2 connected to a Samsung 32" monitor via HDMI. I've tried most of the suggested fixes like Apple tech support as well as others online. I'm still waiting on a response from Satechi but suspect their adapter doesn't support clamshell at this time. I've since gone to the Apple store the get one of their USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapters. I'll run this through it's paces and report on if it works and also if I get a response from Satechi.

Jd

Dec 29, 2021 3:45 PM in response to jakeman1919

So the Tech from Satechi seemed to believe the HDMI might be a problem and I was to see if I could return it to my authorized seller where I bought it. When I took it back for a refund the sales guy said the it's a known issue that clamshell mode and the Satechi products. I messaged the Satechi Tech back saying it's disappointing and I was able to get a refund.

I'd advise not to buy one of these until Satechi say it's fixed.

Unfortunately I can't leave a review on Satechi site to warn people of this as I didn't buy it through the website. :-(

Jd

Why Clamshell mode is not working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.