Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installation of Imac OS

Mac OS utilities was used to erase information on hard drive. Reinstallation of OS not completed after erasing, in the utilities window. Computer will not allow update/install of OS which I believe was/is Mojave. Have tried all startup command, option, P, R instructions and nothing works. Either a flashing ?, or spinning globe showing internet update which then results in error message and contact support image. Any ideas on how I can get this Mac working?

Thanks

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 5:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 5:53 AM

Sadly if there is no disk present, then it has it is either not formatted correctly or has failed.

To find out for sure, go back to Disk Utility and see if you can reformat the disk as per the erase instructions.

13 replies

Oct 21, 2021 8:36 AM in response to Fenwayfan62

If macOS Utilities was accessed previously to wipe the drive, then apparently the Mac can boot to the Recovery partition. I suggest you attempt to restart the Mac again with the Command-R key combination.

Restart the Mac. When you hear the startup chime press the ⌘R keys and hold until you see the Apple logo and progress bar.

If you continue to only startup to the Internet recovery screen (with the globe) and get a failure error, try connecting your Mac to your router with an ethernet cable, or move the Mac closer to the router if using wi-fi. The ethernet cable option is probably better than wi-fi.

Once you have successfully started in recovery mode, follow the good guidance posted by @ VikingOSX above.

Installation of Imac OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.