Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sony wireless headphones and Apple TV out of sync.

Hi

I’ve got a an A1625 ATV and I connect my wireless Sony WH1000 - XM4 headphones and when watching a TV show from the Apple TV app the audio is slightly out of sync yet watching YouTube the audio is spot on. I’ve done the audio calibration but that only seems to play sound through speakers and not the headphones. Netflix is better as is Binge but still out.

I have no idea what to try and any help would be app.

thanks

rob

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 6:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 8:31 AM

Hi Bluxx999, 

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. 

We understand that the Bluetooth audio is out of sync when you are watching a TV show from the Apple TV app and we are happy to help.

If you are having issues using a Bluetooth accessory with your Apple TV, "follow these steps. After each step, see if you still need help:

1. Make sure that you're in range of your Apple TV and there isn't interference in the area.
  2. Check that your accessory is fully charged and powered on.
  3. Make sure that the software on your Bluetooth accessory and your Apple TV is up to date. For example, if you have Beats wireless headphones, check for firmware updates.
  4. Move your Apple TV to a different location near your television."

Learn how to Use Bluetooth accessories with your Apple TV.

Best regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2021 8:31 AM in response to Bluxx999

Hi Bluxx999, 

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. 

We understand that the Bluetooth audio is out of sync when you are watching a TV show from the Apple TV app and we are happy to help.

If you are having issues using a Bluetooth accessory with your Apple TV, "follow these steps. After each step, see if you still need help:

1. Make sure that you're in range of your Apple TV and there isn't interference in the area.
  2. Check that your accessory is fully charged and powered on.
  3. Make sure that the software on your Bluetooth accessory and your Apple TV is up to date. For example, if you have Beats wireless headphones, check for firmware updates.
  4. Move your Apple TV to a different location near your television."

Learn how to Use Bluetooth accessories with your Apple TV.

Best regards.

Oct 24, 2021 9:18 PM in response to jdo_apple

hey thanks for this reply. I've checked my ATV updates and all good. I did try an experiment last night and connected with my TOZO wireless buds and the voices were in sync correctly - so it could be the headphones but I know they've been updated just recently. I might try the other ATV in my family room tonight to see how that goes. Thanks so much...

Sony wireless headphones and Apple TV out of sync.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.