Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will this be a major problem with using AW7 in India bought in California

Fast charging isn't supported in India. Does this mean charging using the fast charger and a 20w adapter could damage the watch? I don't mind missing out on fast charging but i hope this wont affect my watch.

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 6:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 3:06 PM

The fast charge function should work as designed and will not put your watch at risk because all Apple power adaptors are rated for wide range (100-230v) input power voltage. The only thing you might need will be a (dumb) plug adaptor to make the US plug physically fit sockets in India.

However, the North America cellular system uses different frequency bands to everywhere else in the world, so a USA specification GPS+Cellular watch would never be able to be activated or connect on Indian cellular networks. It would still work like the GPS-only versions when paired and linked by Bluetooth in range of your iPhone, but never standalone cellular. In other words it would be wasted money to buy the US cellular version.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2021 3:06 PM in response to parzuko

The fast charge function should work as designed and will not put your watch at risk because all Apple power adaptors are rated for wide range (100-230v) input power voltage. The only thing you might need will be a (dumb) plug adaptor to make the US plug physically fit sockets in India.

However, the North America cellular system uses different frequency bands to everywhere else in the world, so a USA specification GPS+Cellular watch would never be able to be activated or connect on Indian cellular networks. It would still work like the GPS-only versions when paired and linked by Bluetooth in range of your iPhone, but never standalone cellular. In other words it would be wasted money to buy the US cellular version.

Will this be a major problem with using AW7 in India bought in California

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.