Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Apple Watch Series 7/8 support fast charging in India

On October 21 2021, Apple released the support document linked below that fast charging was not available for the Apple Watch series 7 in India, Argentina, Vietnam.

About fast charge on Apple Watch Series 7 - Apple Support (IN)

With the release of Watch OS 8.5.1, some users claimed they could now fast charge their watch. However Apple never officially confirmed fast charging for Watches in India.

Now it’s almost 1 year since release and the Apple Watch Series 8 is out. Do 7 and 8 support fast charging in India now?

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 5:29 PM

Hello pranav_v,

We can only go by Apple's documentation which states "Fast charging is not available in Argentina, India, or Vietnam for the Apple Watch Series 7". The technical specifications for the Apple Watch Series 8 in India states that the Apple Watch Series 8 comes with an USB-C magnetic fast charging cable.

You can see the full list here: Apple Watch Series 8 - Technical Specifications (IN)

Best Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2022 5:29 PM in response to pranav_v

Hello pranav_v,

We can only go by Apple's documentation which states "Fast charging is not available in Argentina, India, or Vietnam for the Apple Watch Series 7". The technical specifications for the Apple Watch Series 8 in India states that the Apple Watch Series 8 comes with an USB-C magnetic fast charging cable.

You can see the full list here: Apple Watch Series 8 - Technical Specifications (IN)

Best Regards.

Oct 1, 2022 11:06 AM in response to pranav_v

I have taken the plunge and purchased the Apple Watch 8. I can confirm that fast charging WORKS in India at least for the Apple Watch series 8. Out of the box. It’s a shame though that Apple hasn’t updated anything on their website regarding this and their support staff haven’t been made aware of this. Anyway I hope this helps my fellow Indians

Does Apple Watch Series 7/8 support fast charging in India

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.