Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPadOS 15.0.2 WiFi issues

I’ve been having a lot of wifi issues with my iPad Pro (2nd Gen) after I updated my software to 15.0.2

I’ve also updated my iPhone Xr to 15.0.2, but everything seems to be working great (like before I updated the software).

Can someone advise me as to how I can sort out the wifi issues on my iPad?

Blessings

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 7:17 AM

Start here:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

If you have a VPN App or profiles installed, or a security App such as Norton, these may be interfering with DHCP and preventing your device from obtaining a valid IP Address for your network. The resolution is relatively simple; may only need to temporarily disable or remove the Security App and/or VPN.

DHCP is frequently used to automatically obtain an IP Address from your WiFi Router. Until your iPad has a valid IP Address to connect to your network, you will not have an internet connection. Disabling or removing VPN and/or the offending security App should allow DHCP to operate normally - allowing connection to your network and the internet.

If this resolves your issue, the VPN and/or security App can be reinstated after the connectivity problem has been resolved.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2021 7:17 AM in response to andro210

Start here:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

If you have a VPN App or profiles installed, or a security App such as Norton, these may be interfering with DHCP and preventing your device from obtaining a valid IP Address for your network. The resolution is relatively simple; may only need to temporarily disable or remove the Security App and/or VPN.

DHCP is frequently used to automatically obtain an IP Address from your WiFi Router. Until your iPad has a valid IP Address to connect to your network, you will not have an internet connection. Disabling or removing VPN and/or the offending security App should allow DHCP to operate normally - allowing connection to your network and the internet.

If this resolves your issue, the VPN and/or security App can be reinstated after the connectivity problem has been resolved.

iPadOS 15.0.2 WiFi issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.