Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blocking scam emails

I keep getting scam emails. I block them but they keep coming through. I then move them to junk but that doesn’t stop them either.

What do I need to do? I have a 5th generation IPad

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 12:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 1:43 PM

Some of this is at your email provider’s level. You can block mail there and the ipad will respect it. That said, it’s like playing wack a mole because once the scammers have your email they keep sending.

One way to minimize it can be to not even open the scam mails. Delete them unopened.

another thing that can help is to go into

settings

mail

privacy protection

and turn that on. That blocks the web beacons scammers use to know if you’ve opened them mail and are an active address so they just send you more.

If it’s really really bad your only choice may be to abandon the address and get a new one and only give that one out to trusted people

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2021 1:43 PM in response to SW1111

Some of this is at your email provider’s level. You can block mail there and the ipad will respect it. That said, it’s like playing wack a mole because once the scammers have your email they keep sending.

One way to minimize it can be to not even open the scam mails. Delete them unopened.

another thing that can help is to go into

settings

mail

privacy protection

and turn that on. That blocks the web beacons scammers use to know if you’ve opened them mail and are an active address so they just send you more.

If it’s really really bad your only choice may be to abandon the address and get a new one and only give that one out to trusted people

Blocking scam emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.