Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Files App has removed my data(files) on iPad.

Hi.

I lost my all files when I using Files App on iPad.

I have to find it. please help me.

This is how I've done.

1. I moved to my Movie clips (GoPro, Dron..) to iPad for backup. - this was okay.
  2. Then, moved to the files to External SSD using Files App again. - I definitely checked all file moved to External SSD and I deleted the files in iPad unfortunately.....
  3. Few hours later, I re-opened the External SSD folder and saw some Video Clips using Files App, And something error happened. I couldn't open the folder anymore.
  4. After return to home, I found the files has all gone. Oh my god!

WHY!!!!!!

I don't think Files App deleted the files.

How / Where can I find the files.

This is the Detail.

iPad : 4gen 12.9 (NY2H2B/A) / 15.0.2

What should I let you know?

Do you need to know the Serial Number also?

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 3:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 4:13 PM

My question is not about recovery software.

why the files has vanished?

is the file removed?

I checked the External SSD folder when I returned home, the folder was empty.

I totally can not understand.

I didn’t delete files.

why deleted?

is this only for me?

Similar questions

6 replies

Oct 21, 2021 5:10 PM in response to muguy

Hi.

thanks for the reply.

I also thought like that. But,

1. File App worked weird at that time. - during watching the video clips, suddenly error happened. Then, files has vanished.
  2. I always format the SSD when I go out. Normally I bring my lab top. But only this time, I brought my wife’s iPad.

I’m very got mad.

All my son’s recoding has gone. Oh my god…

Oct 21, 2021 4:50 PM in response to LotusPilot

Ha.

Easy right?

You just said irretrievably lost.

Because of your response, the Files App would not handle files anymore.

I am developer. Apple’s one as well.

I don’t think it’s my mistakes.

There was errors, definitely remains logs.

But, you just saying this like parrot.

Thanks.

Because of your the answers, my memories with my family has gone.

Bye.

Oct 21, 2021 4:00 PM in response to IanCho

If you have deleted files from your iPad, check the Recently Deleted folder that you’ll find in the Files sidebar. Recoverable files will be found in this folder.

If the deleted files are not in the Recently Deleted folder, unless the files are backed-up elsewhere, your files are very likely irretrievably lost.

If you are certain that your files were successfully transferred to your SSD Drive - and you have access to a PC (or Mac) computer - file recovery software is commercially available that may be able to recover deleted or corrupt files.

Oct 21, 2021 4:27 PM in response to IanCho

Nobody can definitively tell you “why” something has failed. There are many potential explanations, including technical failure and user error.

I mentioned recovery software as a potential method of recovering your lost files. If this is not a priority, you can disregard this suggestion in its entirely.

As such, if the missing files are not in the Recently Deleted folder, your files are irretrievably lost.

Files App has removed my data(files) on iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.