Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Signing into iCloud on an Old IPOD

I have a very old iPod and I wanted to use it with my Apple Music subscription thus I need to sign into iCloud on the old iPod touch. I attempted to do this per the instructions by typing in the password followed by the 6 digit pass code that popped up on my iMac. There is no separate field for entering this passcode so/and when I attempt to reenter the iCloud password followed by the 6 digit password it says the password is incorrect. I have done this repeatably with the same result. So what am I doing wrong? The iPod touch is running on system 6.1.6, The model is MC547LL/A. I have had the iPod since it was new but only use it now to play music. Is there a way to signing to iCloud on the iPod and use my music subscription or am I forced to sync it to my music library on the iMac?

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 5:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 6:17 PM

Your response is not helpful. Please read my entire entry. I easily obtained the verification code per the normal procedure. That is not the problem. The problem is that the old iPod touch will not accept the verification code when it is entered after the password. This has repeatably failed. The old iPod touch will only run on iOS 6.1.6, which probably is the problem. As a work around I synced the iPod music contents with my iMac while they were plugged together. That works but does not allow me to access my music subscription on that IPod. If I guess correctly the iPod touch is probably too old and the iOS too far out of date to do what i want to do. Please note, I am not locked out of my account and I have full access via our two IPads, two iPhones, all running nicely on IOS 15 one IMac, and 4 Apple TV’s as as well as three apple watches all on the most current OS. So account access is not a problem, it’s only the old iPod touch.

In reality the iPod Touch is almost useless and my iphone already does everything i need. So I should probably just recycled it and forget about it.

Thanks for your response.

Dean

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2021 6:17 PM in response to Eric--F

Your response is not helpful. Please read my entire entry. I easily obtained the verification code per the normal procedure. That is not the problem. The problem is that the old iPod touch will not accept the verification code when it is entered after the password. This has repeatably failed. The old iPod touch will only run on iOS 6.1.6, which probably is the problem. As a work around I synced the iPod music contents with my iMac while they were plugged together. That works but does not allow me to access my music subscription on that IPod. If I guess correctly the iPod touch is probably too old and the iOS too far out of date to do what i want to do. Please note, I am not locked out of my account and I have full access via our two IPads, two iPhones, all running nicely on IOS 15 one IMac, and 4 Apple TV’s as as well as three apple watches all on the most current OS. So account access is not a problem, it’s only the old iPod touch.

In reality the iPod Touch is almost useless and my iphone already does everything i need. So I should probably just recycled it and forget about it.

Thanks for your response.

Dean

Oct 22, 2021 3:26 PM in response to DeanW

Thanks for reaching out DeanW,

We understand you're having trouble signing into your iCloud account, from your iPod.

Is there any change, if you get the verification code you're adding to your password, from Settings on a trusted device? The following page explains how: Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication

If your account is setup with two-factor authentication and you use iCloud Keychain, you need iOS 9 and OS X El Capitan or later.

Take care!

Signing into iCloud on an Old IPOD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.