Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to factory reset

how can I factory reset my MacBook? I tried doing the hold the power button for the desk utility to pop up or the recovery screen and neither showed up it just goes to sign me in regularly.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 6:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 6:33 PM

See the following: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support and How to erase an Intel-based Mac - Apple Support including the excerpt below:

Start up from macOS Recovery: Turn on your Mac, then immediately press and hold these two keys until you see an Apple logo or other image: Command (⌘) and R. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2021 6:33 PM in response to fizaroni16

See the following: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support and How to erase an Intel-based Mac - Apple Support including the excerpt below:

Start up from macOS Recovery: Turn on your Mac, then immediately press and hold these two keys until you see an Apple logo or other image: Command (⌘) and R. 

how to factory reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.