Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Haven't been able to add new songs to iTunes, Don't know what to do

I Haven't been able to add new songs to iTunes for about 2 months now.

My install of iTunes cannot see more than 58 songs in my library.

I've seen others having similar issues with not being able to add new songs to iTunes, but all of the threads go dark after a while. I could really use some help with this.

If anybody is wondering, I've messed around in preferences, I've used "Add File To Library", used Dragging and Dropping, and created a separate music folder to tell iTunes to look for songs in.. out of a 107 song library, it only saw those same 58.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and changing the folder iTunes looks for music in.

the other MP3s in question don't appear to be corrupt in any way.

Please help me!

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 8:55 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 22, 2021 5:18 PM in response to nikodoge99

HI there, nikodoge99,

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you are having trouble importing music from your computer into iTunes. We are happy to help!

First, make sure that your computer has the latest version of Windows installed: Update Windows as well as the latest version of iTunes: Update to the latest version of iTunes - Apple Support.

Then, follow the steps in the Apple Support article Import media from a computer to iTunes on PC - Apple Support.

If the issue persists beyond that, don't hesitate to respond back with the answers to the following questions:

1. What exactly happens when you try to import the tracks?
  2. If you receive an error message, what does the message say exactly?
  3. Are all of the tracks in question MP3s, or are there any other file types?
  4. Have you ever been able to import these tracks to iTunes in the past?

Best!

Oct 23, 2021 11:07 AM in response to Lindsay_B.

thanks for replying!

1: Whenever I try to import the Tracks, it seems like iTunes makes an attempt to move it into my library, but nothing else happens.

2:I haven't seen any errors and it plays back the current tracks just fine.

3: Yes. They were all MP3s. They seem to work fine with other media playback apps like Groove Music, but whenever I try to open them with iTunes, it does nothing.

4: No. this is a new library that I've slowly been building ever since I got this PC. All of these tracks are completely new to iTunes.

Haven't been able to add new songs to iTunes, Don't know what to do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.