Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone catches very annoying Green lens flare at night

Hi Team,

I've been using my new iPhone since a week now, and I've started to notice there's some weird green light that occurs while taking pictures at night under streetlights or picture of moon. It's so annoying, I've never came across such issue/bug in my Android phones and apple's issue is too prominent at night. When I looked at the internet for this issue, I realized that this is issue has become so disturbing since iPhone 11 series. Even though after so many issues raise by customers, I wonder apple hasn't yet resolved the lens flare issue. They had the chance to at least resolve this issue in their latest iPhone 13 series (but they haven't).

I guess this is a bug an in their hardware and after spending so much of iPhone I don't expect this to happen, we should get better replacement of this hardware issue.

I've attached an indoor picture and picture of the moon that shows a very small intensity of this issue due to single light.

Thanks,

Sid

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 10:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 3:17 AM

Best not take pictures of very bright light sources in a dark room.

The drawback of low light wide aperture cameras is that you need to select suitable subject matter.

Similar questions

3 replies

iPhone catches very annoying Green lens flare at night

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.