Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 14 pro max lens flare

I’m new to iPhone. Recently I bought iPhone 14 pro max and few days later i found lens flares while i talking pictures. Is it normal? Or do i need to contact apple to solve this issue?. Does my iPhone’s camera have any problem? Please help me with this.

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 7, 2022 11:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply
10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2022 8:34 AM in response to _silent_eyes

Apple, sorry, but you really blew it with the release of the iPhone 14Pro. What's with the Lens Flare???? Really? Oh, I already have a lens protector so don't try to sell me one. I've read everything on how to move the location, etc., doesn't work. The only thing that does work is taking a picture from .5 range and cropping. Or, just just the Retouch feature. I'm tempted to post my lens flare pictures on social media just to show everyone how bad these pictures are.

Jan 13, 2023 10:46 AM in response to Kurtosis12

I do not mean the flares directly anointing the lights. The dots in the sky is wgat is not normal. My old phone does not show the behaviour when i take the same exact foto.

Of cours there will be flaring when taking a photo into the light. But those dots appearing in another part of the photos is not acceptable and my DSLR does not show it either.

Jan 13, 2023 11:17 AM in response to Kurtosis12

The dots always appear as soon as there is any light source within a night picture.

It also does this when i use the camera. However it does not happen with the 0.5 or 3 lens. Only with the main camera.

The problem is that especially in Videos the dots are so bright that they effectively make the video unusable. And that to me is unacceptable. I dont want my friends face covered with a dot.

And since i have never seen this with any other phone of any of my friends i cannot accept it. Especially with a 1500+€ phone.

You can clearly see the two dots within the tend that are the reflections of the lantern.

Tbh never seen anything like that.

So i will see what the Apple store can do about it tomorrow.

iPhone 14 pro max lens flare

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.