Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari browser bookmarks side menu collapses instead of staying open plus...

Most recent OS / Safari update changed Bookmarks side menu to where one must open up Bookmarks in the side menu each time. When the side menu closes the bookmarks close and must be reopened each time. 1) Really? 2) Why on earth? 3) Work around or solution to keeping all bookmarks displayed when side bar menu is opened??

In addition when I need to drag a new bookmark into the bookmarks side menu I CANNOT because I can drag the new url to the left side and it will open up the menu but hovering over Bookmarks will not open up Bookmarks items so I CANNOT drop what I was dragging to where I want it located. GET IT??

ADVICE: Apple, you are failing me. This isn't the first time you make a change in something where instead of making your change a choice where one might prefer not to allow Bookmarks to collapse into their parent folder (for instance) you force the new feature on us with no choice.

Just like my local ISP has subtly given up offering email suggesting I should just stick with a gmail account (for instance) I wonder if Apple would rather I give up Safari and Mail local clients all together and/or use Google clients? END of Advice... 😡

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 12:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 1:08 AM

Okay, there is one work around where one can click on the sidebar tab forcing the sidebar to stay open, then click on Bookmarks and it will stay open...so you can then drop a new bookmark in. 🧐 It may appear this solves my question/problem... it really does not but like so many other issues its best just to LEAVE IT.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2021 1:08 AM in response to Ratsneve

Okay, there is one work around where one can click on the sidebar tab forcing the sidebar to stay open, then click on Bookmarks and it will stay open...so you can then drop a new bookmark in. 🧐 It may appear this solves my question/problem... it really does not but like so many other issues its best just to LEAVE IT.

Safari browser bookmarks side menu collapses instead of staying open plus...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.