Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Memory and Usage: Possible problems...

So I know that it is not uncommon for many Apple users to hear the paranoia of hacking and for those fearful to engage questions about the activity monitor and certain processes that seem to problematic ... but I do have two general questions about these...

So my first, about how many processes are typical for a MacBook Pro (circa mid 2019) to run just after start up? Say right before clicking on anything or even starting up an application or even connecting the internet? I feel like there are more and more every time I start my laptop and this being my second MacBook I have to say I am disappointed (just a little) in both the speed at which it runs and how quickly it dies... though it is refurbished I did buy it shortly (about a year) after its release (May 2019). Sometimes there are almost a hundred (the inconsistent labeling of these processes - such as using proper grammar and punctuation for certain applications and using all lowercase abbreviated or ran together title names - is annoying) and they never seem to change or grow in number.

Secondly, I know that Apple offers training for employees and certifications for certain applications and developments, but is there somewhere (preferably Apple certified) that offers these "classes" beside the phone support - with them I feel more rarely than ever I get those that aren't helpful or are in addition to this, arrogant and spiteful in their communication.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 4:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 6:10 AM

turtle87 wrote:

So I know that it is not uncommon for many Apple users to hear the paranoia of hacking and for those fearful to engage questions about the activity monitor and certain processes that seem to problematic ... but I do have two general questions about these...

So my first, about how many processes are typical for a MacBook Pro (circa mid 2019) to run just after start up?

speed at which it runs and how quickly it dies...

Secondly, I know that Apple offers training for employees and certifications for certain applications and developments, but is there somewhere (preferably Apple certified) that offers these "classes" beside the phone support - with them I feel more rarely than ever I get those that aren't helpful or are in addition to this, arrogant and spiteful in their communication.

What is the question exactly...

The Startup processes or relative to your systems/apps/...what is the issue?

Secondly If you could you restate the question I did not get it...?

You can get a good look at your System config. and reveal conflicts or issues, you can download/run this trusted utility https://etrecheck.com

If you need help interpreting the report you can post it here in its entirety in the "Additional Text" box in the editing toolbar below, in your reply.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2021 6:10 AM in response to turtle87

turtle87 wrote:

So my first, about how many processes are typical for a MacBook Pro (circa mid 2019) to run just after start up?

speed at which it runs and how quickly it dies...

What is the question exactly...

The Startup processes or relative to your systems/apps/...what is the issue?

Secondly If you could you restate the question I did not get it...?

You can get a good look at your System config. and reveal conflicts or issues, you can download/run this trusted utility https://etrecheck.com

If you need help interpreting the report you can post it here in its entirety in the "Additional Text" box in the editing toolbar below, in your reply.

Memory and Usage: Possible problems...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.