You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple expands tools to help businesses connect with customers. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My favicon stopped showing after last iOS update

I have a couple of pages of my website marked as shortcuts on my iPhone so that I can quickly access them. Up until I took the last iOS update (15.0.something) my favicon showed. Now I just get a black square. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know how to get the favicon to start showing again?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 5:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 7:34 AM

Hey LindaHuitt,

It appears that the favicons you'd set up on your iPhone have turned black. You mentioned these icons were from a website you've developed, and we also saw that you're using Wix. We're glad to glad to provide assistance.

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support -- It may be that your iPhone simply needs refreshing. See if restarting works.

Wix Editor: Changing Your Favicon -- If restarting didn't revive the icons, see if these steps that Wix has provided brings those icons back to viewable.

Contact us | Wix.com -- If the icons remain black, you'll need to contact Wix for help with their service.

All the best.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 23, 2021 7:34 AM in response to LindaHuitt

Hey LindaHuitt,

It appears that the favicons you'd set up on your iPhone have turned black. You mentioned these icons were from a website you've developed, and we also saw that you're using Wix. We're glad to glad to provide assistance.

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support -- It may be that your iPhone simply needs refreshing. See if restarting works.

Wix Editor: Changing Your Favicon -- If restarting didn't revive the icons, see if these steps that Wix has provided brings those icons back to viewable.

Contact us | Wix.com -- If the icons remain black, you'll need to contact Wix for help with their service.

All the best.

My favicon stopped showing after last iOS update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.