Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone some times work the touchscreen others stop reacting to any touch :(

The phone works sometimes others does not react to any touch i need to reboot or touch lock and unlock.

iPhone XS

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 12:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 2:12 PM

Hi Hugo,

I understand that you are having trouble with your touchscreen. Do you use a screen protector? If YES, then is it in good condition and not getting in the way of screen touch sensitivity performance? How about the case of the iPhone? Does it cover over the screen? Check those two things first and then:

(1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

(2)  If the above does not work then - You may have a failing display module. Have your iPhone examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center for diagnosis and resolution.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2021 2:12 PM in response to Hugo Fernandes

Hi Hugo,

I understand that you are having trouble with your touchscreen. Do you use a screen protector? If YES, then is it in good condition and not getting in the way of screen touch sensitivity performance? How about the case of the iPhone? Does it cover over the screen? Check those two things first and then:

(1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

(2)  If the above does not work then - You may have a failing display module. Have your iPhone examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center for diagnosis and resolution.

Axel F.

My iphone some times work the touchscreen others stop reacting to any touch :(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.