Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Keyboard not Recognized

My iMac is a late 2014 model. The batteries can no longer be charged that came with the wireless keyboard. I ordered a Magic Keyboard which I tried to pair. As my iMac does not have a USB-C port, I attempted to use the cable that charges my Wireless Mouse. My computer does not recognize the pairing as I am running OS Catalina, so will not work if unplugged.

Can I use the Magic Keyboard plugged in all the time vs wirelessly?

Because of some photography issues I really do not want to upgrade to OS Big Sur at this time.

I greatly appreciate any help with my issue!

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 2:34 PM

You can plug a Magic Keyboard in all the time, that is how I use mine on my 27" 2020 iMac.

Regarding upgrading OS's if your Photography software is out of date, please update it otherwise you will have larger issues in the future. Sorry but that is the nature of technology. Pretty soon (like on Monday) the next release of Mac OS, Mac OS 12 Monterey is going to be released!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2021 2:34 PM in response to SherryB20

You can plug a Magic Keyboard in all the time, that is how I use mine on my 27" 2020 iMac.

Regarding upgrading OS's if your Photography software is out of date, please update it otherwise you will have larger issues in the future. Sorry but that is the nature of technology. Pretty soon (like on Monday) the next release of Mac OS, Mac OS 12 Monterey is going to be released!

Magic Keyboard not Recognized

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.