Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn my router off of hidden network?

How do I turn hidden network off!

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 3:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 3:45 PM

Your Wi-Fi Network is hidden because that is how it has been setup on your Router. You need to refer to the Router's manual and get into its settings. Once you are in the settings section of the Router, then you can broadcast or unhide the Wi-Fi Network's name. As mentioned above, you will need to review the owner's manual of the Router. If you do not have one, then you can visit the Router manufacturer's website and do some research on their support page.

Note, that each router manufacturer has different methods of adjusting the settings/preferences of the Wi-Fi Router and therefore it is important that you identify your Router model and manufacturer and do the research yourself.

Axel F.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2021 3:45 PM in response to Stephan903

Your Wi-Fi Network is hidden because that is how it has been setup on your Router. You need to refer to the Router's manual and get into its settings. Once you are in the settings section of the Router, then you can broadcast or unhide the Wi-Fi Network's name. As mentioned above, you will need to review the owner's manual of the Router. If you do not have one, then you can visit the Router manufacturer's website and do some research on their support page.

Note, that each router manufacturer has different methods of adjusting the settings/preferences of the Wi-Fi Router and therefore it is important that you identify your Router model and manufacturer and do the research yourself.

Axel F.

Oct 30, 2021 5:13 PM in response to Stephan903

Stephan903 Said:

"How do I turn hidden network off!"

-------

Unhiding a Network:

Your SSID (AKA to network name) is not being seen because it is not being broadcasted. View the user manual for your router on how to do broad cast it. Without getting too technical here, you need to enter an address into the Web browser, login to your router, and then modify your credentials. If you no longer have the user manual, the contact the manufacturer, asking for it.

What to Do:

1. Open: Safari
  2. Enter: the Default Gateway in the Address Bar. Use either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 for the address.
  3. Press: the return key
  4. Login: using your credentials
  5. Proceed from there with the modification.

Oct 23, 2021 10:25 AM in response to Stephan903

Is the Router in your home and accessible to you? Was the Router provided by your Internet Service Provider? Do they not allow you to change its configuration? I ask because all you have to do is make that Hidden Wi-Fi Network available by getting it to broadcast its name. If the Router was provided by your Internet Service Provider, then they should be able to guide you over the phone and get this taken care of.

Axel F.

How do I turn my router off of hidden network?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.