Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove hidden network?

How do I remove hidden network in Wi-Fi settings?

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 1:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 12:00 AM

Check the router settings, see -> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

5 replies

Jul 11, 2022 3:38 PM in response to Maryjzz

I'm not sure here, but it would seem that if you are seeing your name in Settings>Wi-Fi, that you have a network you named with your name. Is that the network listed just below the Wi-Fi switch and does it have a checkmark beside it? Can you check your router and see what is listed there for the name of your wi-fi network. Generally, a hidden network is one that the SSID is not broadcast by the router, so no one else can identify the network to try and connect to it. To be able to connect to a network that does not have the SSID broadcast, you have to know the exact name of the network as well as the password to be able to join that network.

How do I remove hidden network?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.