Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locating and removing old 32 bit apps

I acn easily identify thes in the System Report, but when I attempt to navigate to to location listed for the app, usually in the Library, I often find that the these Locations don't seem to exist.

Example:

WDButtonManager:

Version: WD Button Manager v1.3.0

Obtained from: Unknown

Last Modified: 9/19/07, 6:34 PM

Kind: 32-bit (Unsupported)

Location: /Library/StartupItems/WDBMService/WDButtonManager.app

Get Info String: WD Button Manager v1.3.0, Copyright 2003-2006 Western Digital Corp.

I find that /StartupItems/ doesn't appear in the Library's Finder window.

Finder and Spotlight searches produce no relevant results.

Now, these few unsupported apps aren't taking up an inordinate amount of storage space, but it is perplexing that the System Report can find them at apparently non-existent locations.

This just seems wrong to me. So my question is, WTF is up with this?

It also seems distinctly unhelpful that I can't link directly to a Finder View of an app from inside the System Report. Is there a way to do that?

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 4:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 4:56 PM

Choose Go to Folder from the Finder's Go menu and paste the path in, including the / at the front; the Library folder at the top level of the drive isn't the same as the one in your home folder.

(206800)

Similar questions

3 replies

Locating and removing old 32 bit apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.