Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove logmein rescue from interrupted microsoft support session

Hi,

Microsoft support (no scam) solved a Word/Office-related problem for me using the LogMeIn Rescue app, white cross in blue circle. The chat session got interrupted due to internet connectivity problems, and now it restarts from time to time with the old chat all greyed out.

I thought it would be easiest to remove all traces of LogMeIn rescue. I already trashed the app, but it still starts from time to time, so there must be an app somewhere.

EasyFind finds an app in private/var/tmp and other related stuff in hidden system folders. Which of these can I delete safely, or is there another way to remove the app?

(ps Microsoft is not being helpful here - "third party app ... we don't have the capacity ... thank you for your understanding and have a nice day", and I find no uninstaller for mac on the LogMeIn homepage, so I really appreciate an answer in this community)

(ps2 I see the the homebrew stuff, will not delete - used homebrew to install markdown-related things to maybe finally evade the need to use Microsoft Word at all, which is not easy)

thanks very much

---

Macbook Air 2013 running Mojave 10.14.6 (18G3020)

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 22, 2020 1:19 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Feb 24, 2020 12:00 AM in response to Barney-15E

to be specific, I'd like to do delete the four items that contain logmein in Users/pi/Library/LaunchAgents, /Preferences, /Saved Application State, and /Caches.

I have already removed the access that I had granted from Systems Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility. I have also done a safe reboot. The private/var I'd leave alone.

Would that be safe to do?

How to remove logmein rescue from interrupted microsoft support session

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.